Have you ever had to utilise a truck towing service? No? Then you’re one of the fortunate ones who has never had a car breakdown or been in a car accident. However, if you do in the future, it’s critical to know what to do and who to contact in a potentially stressful circumstance.
Professional tow truck companies, such as Austow’s personnel and fleet, are dedicated to keeping you safe and satisfied above all else. So, if you’ve never used a truck towing in Brisbane before, we’ve put together a list of pointers for first-timers.
Find out what they are by reading more from the Queensland tow truck professionals.
- Always keep your safety and security in mind
If your vehicle breaks down on a busy road (which happens more often than one would like to believe), get it to a safe location as soon as feasible. Before calling for experts for truck towing in Brisbane, move your automobile to the shoulder of the road or the emergency lane on the expressway.
If this isn’t possible, switch on your hazard lights, stay in your car, and contact for assistance. And to the best of your ability, notify your nearest tow truck company.
After carefully locking your vehicle and taking a deep breath, do your best to describe your predicament to the tow truck company over the phone. This will allow us to assist you appropriately.
- Make a list of the following
- the location (including nearby landmarks)
- What has occurred? (a breakdown or car crash)
- Any obstacles that may limit your vehicle’s ability to move or be accessed
- If you know (or believe) the breakdown is caused by a dead battery or a lack of gasoline, please let the tow truck company know.
All of the above details will ensure that your selected tow truck company will:
- Make the necessary arrangements
- Bring the right tools and equipment with you
- And, of course, choose the best tow truck for the job
- Make a phone call to someone local you know
We can arrange for safe and efficient transportation in the form of a complimentary Uber trip home or to a preferred location at Austow tow truck company. We even offer a family-friendly tow truck with a baby seat so that any youngsters in the broken down or damaged vehicle can safely return home.
It’s still a good idea to call a nearby loved one, if not for a lift, then at the very least to let them know you’re okay.
- Know who to call for a tow truck.
When you’re in a jam, knowing who to call the first time around is important. Keep your cool and stay grounded. Choose a trustworthy, competent truck towing in Brisbane who has a good reputation among real clients.
At the scene, Austow is dedicated to putting your safety first and responding to all questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner. Our truck towing in Brisbane is both economical and stress-free. We’re here to assist you when you’re in a bind.
Understand the distinction between towing for an accident and towing for a breakdown.
truck towing in Brisbane are used by motorists on a daily basis. While most people hire tow truck companies for mechanical problems and car accidents, there are some distinctions in service offerings that go beyond small and serious car accidents.
Austow provides experienced truck towing in Brisbane for 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is also available for non-accident car transports and routine vehicle transportation.
What is breakdown towing and how does it work?
Breakdown towing, sometimes known as “Trade Towing,” is non-accident car towing that is performed for pay or reward. For example, if your car breaks down someplace and you don’t have RAC roadside help, you can call a trustworthy tow truck company in Brisbane to remove your car away.
Most of the reputed and trusted truck towing companies in Brisbane would tow the following:
- Cars that are dragged
As a result, a professional tow truck company is highly likely to be of assistance!
If your vehicle breaks down anywhere in the Queensland region, assistance is on the way. All you have to do is call Austow and we will take care of the rest.
What is the definition of accident towing?
Have you been in a car accident or had your vehicle damaged in some other way? You’ll need towing after an accident. For the most part, car accidents are unforeseeable and unsettling.
Knowing who to call in the unfortunate event that one occurs to you can make the situation a bit less stressful (if it ever happens to you). Remember that only a licenced tow truck company may legally do accident towing.
What other criteria are there?
- Tow trucks must be registered and have a TOW or HTT number plate.
- Tow truck drivers and passengers (but not customers) who respond to accident sites must be accredited.
So a reputed tow truck company should be able to take care of everything for you. After all, if you’re in a car accident, you already have plenty to worry about. Allow the professionals at Austow to make towing your vehicle as simple and painless as possible.
Austow always stretches the extra mile to help you. Austow can be relied on in all regions of Queensland if you need expert towing done quickly. Did you know that we provide truck towing in Brisbane for more than just accidents and breakdowns?
Our large fleet of vehicles ensures that no shipment is too big or too small. We have the ideal vehicle for you and your company. Throughout the procedure, your security, safety, and pleasure are always our top priorities.
Your rights and obligations when towing on the highway
Breaking down or being involved in a car accident on the freeway can be inconvenient and even deadly. Always begin with turning on your hazard lights and pulling over into the emergency lane as soon as it is safe to do so.
Now is the time to contact a tow truck company to have your automobile professionally towed away from the accident scene.
Understand your legal rights
It’s critical to understand your rights following a breakdown or automobile accident on the interstate (or anywhere else for that matter).
So, what are your rights if you get into a car accident or have a breakdown on the highway?
- You get to choose who will tow your car.
- You are ultimately responsible for deciding where your vehicle will be towed.
- Prior to completing the towing authorization form, you can speak with anyone about where you want to tow the vehicle (note that some insurers will be provided on the towing authorisation form)
- The right to request a copy of the towing authorization form from the tow truck driver, which includes the tow truck operator’s contact information.
- You have the right to refuse a tow for any reason (such as the tow truck not being suitable for your vehicle).
- The tow truck driver can provide you with a price for the cost of the tow truck service.
It’s always a good idea to stay cool, calm, and collected during these aggravating and occasionally frightening situations.
Understand your obligations
Knowing your rights is one thing; understanding your responsibilities is another. We understand in such a situation, you are often frustrated and stressed out. But still, there are some responsibilities that we need to take care of.
What are your responsibilities if your car breaks down or you get into an accident on the highway?
- Your key job as the owner/driver of the vehicle in question is to authorise a tow truck driver of your choice to tow your vehicle.
- If it’s not a breakdown but for an accident, you must report it to the Police Department and call (or have someone else call) an ambulance if you or others are hurt.
- It’s also your obligation to double-check that the address where you want your vehicle towed is listed on the form, as well as that all other information is right.
- Sign the towing authorization form and double-check that the tow truck driver has filled out all parts, signed it, and given you a duplicate to retain.
- If your car is covered by a comprehensive insurance policy, it is your obligation to contact your insurance provider to see if the towing price is covered in the claim.
There is always someone to help you
If you have a vehicle breakdown or are involved in an accident on the freeway, know that help is never far away. Client safety, care, and expert towing services in Brisbane for all automobiles are all priorities at Austow.
The Risks of Do-It-Yourself Towing
After a car breakdown, you’re stranded on the side of the road. Have you been in a minor car accident and need to get your vehicle moved safely and quickly? While your family member, friend, or coworker may have your best interests at heart when they offer to tow your vehicle to a different place, it’s important to evaluate your other options.
Towing on your own can put you at more risk than it’s worth.
Here are some risk factors that you should be aware of before making the decision to DIY towing:
Torque expertise is lacking
The degree to which a vehicle rotates while being dragged is referred to as torque. Have you ever seen someone hauling a boat or trailer on a rainy, windy day, for example? You may only notice how the towed boat or trailer sways from side to side.
When the towing vehicle is driving on an elevated length of the road, such as a hill, this becomes even more obvious.
Torque, both as a concept and in practice, can be deadly to well-intentioned people who aren’t acclimated to it. Let’s imagine you’re having a friend or acquaintance tow your vehicle, and you’re doing the same for them using a rope. The greatest risk you could face is rope snapping.
Simply said, ignoring torque while DIY towing can result in far more difficult than it’s worth.
Inexperience is a factor
An A-frame is not a component of a vehicle. Instead, it’s a frame attached to the front of a vehicle that allows another vehicle to pull it without having to drive it. Professional towing companies in Brisbane employ an A-frame to link their vehicle to a broken-down automobile, truck, van, or SUV that needs to be moved.
There are regulatory limits in place for A-frames and DIY towing in a variety of nations. Why?
Because the A-frame can break away from the towed vehicle if it isn’t secured properly. This will simply cause turmoil on the road, putting your acquaintance who insisted on doing their own towing in the driver’s seat.
Rules of the road are disregarded
Towing is an extremely specialised job. Little do well-intentioned DIY towers realise that disobeying even the tiniest procedural standard can put lives in danger. As a result, towing should not be handled lightly or entrusted to do-it-yourselfers.
Professional tow truck drivers have through extensive training, possess exceptional abilities, and are supported by industry experience in order to deliver automobiles where they need to go quickly, safely, and without a problem.
Instead, call a reputable towing company in Brisbane. The risks of DIY towing, including annoyance, stress, and, most crucially, the possibility of putting lives in danger, are simply not worth it.